- ГрафикПолный день
Division:FAO Representation in Tajikistan. Strengthening Institutions and Capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and State Veterinary Inspection Service for Policy Formulation. This Project is funded by the European Union
VA Reference No.: GCP/TAJ/013/EC
Position Title: Project Assistant
Type of Contract: National Project Personnel (NPP)
Duration: 39 months
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 16 October 2016, 17:00hr
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan, direct supervision of Project Manager and in close collaboration with AFAOR, Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and Project staff, the Project Assistant will undertake the following duties in support of the project Strengthening Institutions and Capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and State Veterinary Inspection Service for Policy Formulation (GCP/TAJ/013/EC):
· Provide support in coordination and arrangement of planned activities and their timely implementation;
· provide interpretation and translation services to project staff and mission members from/to English to local languages;
· maintains logs, files and update records in prescribed format and route correspondence for subsequent use in line with the FAO procedures;
· receive, screen, log and route incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents under the project, attach necessary background information and maintain a follow-up system;
· make arrangements for the missions under the project, project experts, etc. He/she will draft agendas and prepare briefing kits and background materials;
· prepare TAs and TECs and ensure the proper filing of BTORs and mission reports;
· arrange appointments with various levels of officials of the Government and resource partners;
· translate various documents from English into Russian and vice versa; provide interpretation as required;
· assist in monitoring of project activities, drafting substantive correspondence, ensuring their follow up;
· perform any other related duties and activities upon instructions received from FAO.
Qualifications and Experiences:
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desirable) in Business Administration, Management or other related field;
· proficiency in English and Russian, Tajik is an advantage;
· experience in the usage of computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
· at least 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in previous for international organization;
· high sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, willingness to take initiative, excellent communication skills and team spirit are the important assets;
· affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO.
Please note that all candidates should be capable of working with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION by emai lwith “POSITION TITLE and VA REFERENCE NUMBER” in the subject-line to: TAJ-Recruitment@fao.tj
For this position, a duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s IRecruitment portal is to be submitted by email together with a cover letter.
Please note that attached resumes or CVs in place of the PPF will not be accepted.
In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site (click on the following link to register: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/).
Important notes: As you fill in your information online you should make sure to click Save after each section before logging out. Also be aware that the session times out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
For details, please visit:
http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/docs/creating_your_application_irec.pdf AND http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/iRec/iRC_UG08_ExternalApplicant_UserGuide.pdf.
FAO is an equal opportunity organization. Therefore, qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Sunday, 16 October 2016, 17:00hr