Administrative Procurement Assistant
- ГрафикПолный день
Division: FAO Representation in Tajikistan
Type of Contract: National Project Personnel (NPP)
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 16 October 2016, 17:00hr
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan, direct supervision of Administrative Officer and in close collaboration with projects personnel, the Administrative Procurement Assistant will undertake the following duties:
· Timely prepare the annual procurement plan for goods and services to be procured against the projects and the Representation;
· Follow up with the requesting unit on necessary supporting documentation and clearances as required;
· Facilitate solicitation of quotations for provision of goods and services for the projects;
· Assist in conducting market surveys via available reference resources and database and maintain updated list of local suppliers;
· Draft tender documents, Invitation for Bid (ITB), Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP);
· Assist during the evaluation process and Local Procurement Committee (LPC) meetings and prepare relevant notes/reports;
· Assist in monitoring supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services;
· Collaborate with inspection and delivery companies;
· Arrange custom clearance of FAO goods delivered as well as verifying that goods are received in good condition;
· Maintain a filing system of relevant procurement documents;
· Keep regular contact with Projects Procurement Requesters, inform on status of POs, payments and submit the corresponding information;
· Ensure regular update of database of POs and supporting documents, technical specifications, terms of references, list of supplies of goods and services;
· Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance, custody and safeguard;
· Ensure that all necessary procurement related data recorded in corresponding software;
· Prepare documents for transfer and handover of equipment in compliance for FAO procurement and assets management procedures;
· Assure proper filing of all procurement related documentation;
· Assist in other administrative related issues as per requirement.
Qualifications and Experiences:
· Bachelor’s degree (master’s desirable) in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related field;
· Proficiency in English and Russian; Tajik would be an asset;
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
· At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in international organizations;
· Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO;
· High sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, willingness to take initiative, excellent communication skills and team spirit are important assets.
Please note that all candidates should be capable of working with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION by email with “POSITION TITLE and VA REFERENCE NUMBER” in the subject-line to: TAJ-Recruitment@fao.tj
For this position, a duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s IRecruitment portal is to be submitted by email together with a cover letter.
Please note that attached resumes or CVs in place of the PPF will not be accepted.
In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site (click on the following link to register: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/).
Important notes: As you fill in your information online you should make sure to click Save after each section before logging out. Also be aware that the session times out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
For details, please visit:
http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/docs/creating_your_application_irec.pdf AND http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/iRec/iRC_UG08_ExternalApplicant_UserGuide.pdf.
FAO is an equal opportunity organization. Therefore, qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Sunday, 16 October 2016, 17:00 hrs