- ГрафикПолный день
Tajikistan Country Manager
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
The Country Manager will be responsible for further developing Saferworld’s Tajikistan country strategy and programme, overseeing the implementation of current and future activities and developing and managing relationships with local partners and with international and national actors in country.
The post-holder will also be responsible for overall team management and security, managing and monitoring programme delivery against objectives, managing and monitoring programme expenditure, fundraising and advocacy, as well as networking with and reporting to donors. Finally, the post holder will contribute to organisation-wide processes and discussions to advance Saferworld's thematic priorities, methodological approaches and organisational development.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior management level including in programme development, strategic planning and managing staff in a multi-functional team. S/he will have excellent analytical skills and proficiency in English and Russian as well as experience of developing collaborative relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. A good understanding of Central Asia and experience of working in part of the region would be a distinct advantage.
Key areas of responsibility:
Strategic planning and programme development
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to the team.
• Lead in deepening Saferworld’s analysis and understanding of the Tajikistan context. .
• Lead and manage strategic planning/review and annual planning processes.
• Contribute to Saferworld’s wider organisational strategy development by participating in strategic planning and other cross-organisational learning processes.
• Lead on the design and development of continuing and new project initiatives and intervention areas.
• Develop and oversee formal and informal partnerships and maintain good relationships with selected local, national, and international actors.
• Promote internal lesson-learning within the Tajikistan programme team, and with other Saferworld programme teams to ensure effective knowledge management.
• Engage with other teams, including policy, ODU, funding, and regional teams as appropriate.
Programme Management and Implementation
• Manage and oversee the effective implementation of Saferworld’s Tajikistan programme.
• Ensure the overall monitoring and evaluation of and learning from the programme is systematic.
• Lead and ensure the production and timely delivery of narrative and financial reports for donors, and grant management generally.
• Ensure that Saferworld in Tajikistan is compliant with local legislation and directives, Saferworld’s policies and procedures, and donor procurement regulations.
Representation and Advocacy
• Represent Saferworld in high-level meetings to raise the organisation’s profile
• Identify and develop key relationships, ensuring regular engagement and coordination with strategic partners.
• Lead on the development and implementation of advocacy strategies targeting decision-makers and opinion-shapers in and outside Tajikistan. .
• Line manage members of the programme team; manage external consultants, as needed.
• Build a high performing team to deliver on the goals and objectives.
• Ensure high calibre staff are employed with the requisite technical expertise.
• Ensure the effective implementation of performance management and learning and development plans.
Safety & Security and Risk Management
• Act as Security Focal Point for Tajikistan in line with Saferworld’s security policy.
• Ensure safety and security plans are owned by the team and regularly reviewed and updated.
• Ensure optimum safety of Saferworld staff, consultants, interns, and volunteers traveling to Tajikistan as per agreed standards.
• Maintain a risk analysis and review and update regularly.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
• Together with the funding Team, regularly review and revise the fundraising strategy for the Tajikistan country programme.
• Establish, cultivate and maintain good relations with all donors.
• Lead and manage the development of funding proposals for the Tajikistan country programme, ensuring a strong pipeline of ideas are generated and developed into successful proposals.
• Ensure grants are effectively managed according to Saferworld standards and funding protocols, as well as donor requirements.
Financial, Budget and Office Management
• Oversee the finance functions to ensure effective financial control and compliance with organisational policies and procedures and donor financial regulations.
• As the overall country programme budget holder, oversee all programme budgets and management accounts, in-line with Saferworld’s organisational processes
• Ensure that the capacity of budget holders and partners is built into finance and grants management processes.
• Provide oversight to ensure the efficient running of the office.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior management level, with proven experience managing multi-thematic programmes in development and/or peacebuilding/conflict prevention organisations.
• Master’s degree in conflict or security studies, peacebuilding, or similar; or equivalent practical experience on the issues.
• Proven ability to lead fundraising.
• Experience in programme development, strategic planning and managing organisational security systems and procedures.
• Experience of managing staff in a multi-cultural and multi-functional team as well as managing and running and office effectively
• Experience of policy analysis and influencing
• Experience of financial management of major international donor governments and agencies, including overseeing financial procedures, budget management, and donor reporting
• Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in both English and Russian, written and spoken.
• Experience of developing and managing collaborative relationships with a wide variety of civil society, governmental, and multi-lateral institutions.
• Good understanding of Central Asia, with experience of working in parts of the region.
• Ability to undertake frequent travel within and outside Tajikistan (up to 3 months each year).
• Good understanding of the discourse on peacebuilding and conflict prevention issues, the regional and sub-regional security structures and agreements, and the international policy environment in which these issues are addressed.
• Experience of working with colleagues based in other offices and countries (line-managing and/or reporting to them).
• Proven experience of working in partnership with other NGOs and NGO networks.
To apply: Download and complete an application form www.saferworld.org.uk/about/jobs and email to Marie Aziz at firstname.lastname@example.org (please use subject heading: Ref: TCM16)
Deadline for applications: 5 October 2016