Deputy Head of Mission/Project Coordinator AssistantDushanbe
- ГрафикПолный день
Deputy Head of Mission/Project Coordinator Assistant–Dushanbe
OrganizationMedecins sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent medical international humanitarian association thatdelivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters. MSF is working in Tajikistan in the field of Tuberculosis and HIV.Our projects focus on providing treatment and support for children suffering from MDR Tuberculosis (TB) and their families based in Dushanbe, and HIV Children and Family Project (CFP)based in Kulob.
MSF is currently looking for a qualified, capable, flexible and motivated person for the position of Deputy Head of Mission/PC Assistantfor its TB Project based in Dushanbe. MSF offers a package of benefits (24 working days of annual leave per year, medical coverage, training opportunities as required and carrier) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
Job Location:Dushanbe, Tajikistanwith visits to the field as required.
§ The main purpose of this position is to assist Deputy Head of Mission (DepHoM) in smooth running of MSF activities in Tajikistan.
§ To represent the organization to the MoH, other government entities/ministries and (I)NGOs, and UN agencies in the country.
§ To be responsible for advising DepHoM on cultural appropriateness of different interventions for effective programme implementation in the country.
§ Constant contextual analysis/update based local perspectives.
- To ensure the principles of neutrality, confidentiality, non-judgementalism, transparency and independence are adhered to by all staff members.
- To provide an effective and efficient support in DepHoM’s organisational and operational role and in the day to day management and implementation of the programme/projects in Tajikistan
- To monitor the changing context and implications for programme development and inform the DepHoM in time.
- To ensure the ongoing development of the comprehensive TB care services provided by MSF by bringing in valuable leanings from other projects.
- To support DepHoM to ensure smooth coordination between the different components of the projects.
- To liaise and to facilitate diplomatic relationship with the national authorities and MSF counterparts in Tajikistan with the support of DepHoM and to keep them updated on MSF interventions.
- To provide the knowledge of appropriateness of raising awareness of sensitive advocacy issues, identified through the day to day workings of the programme, with the relevant authorities
- To learn and understand the other TB interventions in Dushanbe/around and try to liaise our intervention and information sharing between the both.
- To represent MSF in meetings, forums, in absent of DepHoM and act as counterpart for DepHoM when its delegated.
- Participate in meetings (internally and externally) and provide feedback/ report / minutes to DepHoM in time.
- Ensure all the prikazes (orders)/legislations relate to the organization and for the projects implemented are constantly collected, communicated on time and filed. To be alert on those updates/new versions.
- Maintains full confidentiality concerning all work-related information
- To provide monthly report to DepHoM which include the meeting log/news update.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant socio-economic, political and security related events and security incidents in and near the operational area, recording key events and incidents in relevant overviews.
· University degree
· Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with government officials, national and international institutes
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Accepts business travel within Tajikistan/outside and weekend assignments as per need
· To be able to organize one’s work independently as well as work in a team; to prioritize one’s work
· Good computer skills word/excel/PP
· Proven translation and diplomatic interpretation skills.
· Very good knowledge of English, Tajik and Russian languages.
· Flexible, friendly and polite.
· Sense of diplomacy and still firm.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Precise and accurate working style.
· Punctuality and ability to work to deadlines.
· Diplomacy when co-operating with authorities, on regional, national and international level.
· Sense of commitment towards the principles and objectives of MSF.
· Taking initiative.
· Willingness to understand and promote humanitarian issues.
Salary:Starting Gross salary is 3,147 TJS.
Please send your CV and cover letter (mentioning position in the subject line) to:
email@example.com or MSF Holland, Tolstoy Street 77, 734003 Dushanbe.
For more detailed information please do not hesitate to contact TakhminaShamsudinzoda on the same email address.
Deadline for applicationsis 16th of October, 2016.Please kindly note that the applications sent after this date will not be taken into consideration.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. MSF does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.