- ГрафикПолный день
District Officer, Administration
Organization Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan
Closing date 2016-10-10
Reports to: Program Manager – Regional Cooperation (direct), Area Officer Operation (indirect)
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Duty Station: Ishkashim, Tajikistan
Announcing Date: 27th September, 2016
Closing Date: 10th October, 2016
Vacancy No: 050916005
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private international, nonprofit, and non-denominational development agency. It seeks sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, with special emphasis on the needs of rural communities in mountainous, coastal and other resource poor areas across the world. Concentrating its efforts in health, education, rural development and strengthening civil society sectors, AKF’s approach is based on a long-term commitment that is maintained despite political and social uncertainty.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is a member agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a dynamic network of development agencies currently operating in over 30 countries across Central and South Asia and East and West Africa. AKF (Afg) currently manages and implements the largest multi-sectoral development programme within the network and has built a strong reputation with the Government of Afghanistan, donors and local partners in a number of technical fields.
The AKDN is a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities. AKF (Afg) is part of AKDN and has been working in Afghanistan since 2002, with programs focused on Rural Development, Education and Health.
AKF (Afg) is seeking a District Officer, Administration for its Cross Border Cooperation Office - Khorog to assist and coordinate day to day routine administrative and logistical activities in an effective way, efficient and smooth implementation of operations.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
· Establish effective links with the local authorities (customs, military etc as necessary) and other agencies for ensuring effective solutions as required
· Work closely with local security department and guarantee safety for the staff and other office belongings during crossing to Afghanistan
· Update Program Office on safety and security before the crossings when necessary
· Coordinate and ensure various logistical related arrangements for staff, guests, between AKF A programs and other affiliated organizations
· Provide direct administrative support to Khorog Program office
· Liaise with the Khorog Office Logistics staff, when required to ensure smooth vehicle transfers between Ishkashim and Khorog Offices
· Ensure that all administrative related operations are aligned with the office policies and procedures
· Build a good communication and coordination with the program staff working in the field or in remote areas
· Manage Ishkashim office and provide monthly reports on its expenses and submit to Operation Officer
· Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy
Occasional Significant Duties:
Other tasks relevant to the core duties & responsibilities of this position, as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree/diploma in International Relations, Management or any other relevant fields
· Minimum 3 years of similar work experience in any International or local NGOs
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Excellent spoken of Tajik/Dari and English would be an asset
· Working knowledge of MS Office package
· Knowledge of using office equipment (Scanner, Xerox)
· Willingness to undertake other duties beyond job description as required
Required core competencies:
· Strong interpersonal, networking and team working skills and experience of working successfully with
· Strong communications skill
· Capable of working within a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work under pressure and difficult situations
· Highly organized
· Honest and reliable person
Please send your CV along with the Cover Letter and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com by 10th October, 2016.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children from abuse.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.