Field Officer based in Panjakent
- ГрафикПолный день
Job Opportunity in Oxfam
Oxfam Great Britain is an International Humanitarian agency working in Tajikistan since 2001 addressing the Poverty issues in the region through an integrated intervention on livelihood security, public health, and disaster risk reduction by tackling problems associated with climate change, food security, water, sanitation, disaster preparedness, health and hygiene for poor people. Oxfam GB is looking for competent professionals to fill the following vacant positions:
Field Officer based in Panjakent
JOB PURPOSE: To provide technical support / expertise to develop, implement and supervise the Economic Development project activities in targeted villages of programme districts by ensuring meaningful participation of local stakeholders in general and women and small holder farmers in particular.
· Coordinate and communicate with partners, stakeholders, communities in the programme districts for smooth execution of the project activities.
· Mobilise communities, local government and non-government partners/stakeholders, and local resources in fulfilling the project objectives
· To motivate and encourage local people to develop and strengthen their community based organisations (CBO) for their long term development
· To assist community members to identify their needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyse their problems; while developing their village development plan
· To encourage and stimulate community members to organize for action aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and monitor action that they define themselves;
To design and train communities’ organisations as per the field need and demand ( record keeping, problem solving skills, village development planning, networking and lobbying, management etc.)
· To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members;
· To assist CBOs in obtaining available outside resources and making them sustainable and vibrant local institutions to cater the need of marginalised and needy people at local levels ,
· To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to poor and women
· Support CBOs to demonstrate an effective model for sustainable local economic development by strengthening their backward (communities. Individual) and forward (government, Private Sectors, CSOs and other services and resources) linkages with related stakeholders.
· To undertake basic survey on the conditions in villages in which Oxfam works (landholding size, number of migrants etc.)
· Support CBOs to develop their need based project proposals and assist them to access resources and services form government and other organisations where applicable
· To provide accurate information on project activities for assessment, monitoring, and evaluation in simple written report
· To work with other Oxfam team members to ensure that all quality programme activities are delivered and community’s ownership on implemented projects are increased.
· Promote women’s participation in decision making structures and process at all related forums and institutions (Cooperatives, CBOs etc.)and strengthen women’s economic leaderships
· To assist in implementation of the projects in designated villages through active community mobilisation on economic development related works according to the project mandate
· To work closely with the village Community Based Organizations, service providers and the local government authorities to ensure that vulnerable segments of the communities including village women are actively taken part in the decision making process.
· To provide regular support for the targeted population, particularly to womenfarmerson building their capacity on marketing and value chain.
· To mobilize both men and women farmers from the targeted communities with support of the ED team to better understand and use the agriculture advisory services (AICs/TAGs,TAMs ) and other available resources and services to improve their livelihoods and well being
· Support the ED project team in the establishment and maintenance of good relations with local authorities, government agencies, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the area.
· In conjunction with other members of the ED project team and stakeholders support and take active part in the selection process including selection of beneficiaries, activities and locations.
· To ensure that work adheres to Oxfam’s and Donor guidelines and aims to meet local statute, regulations and standards.
· To report regularly, verbally and in writing to the ED team and to represent the project to local authorities, government agencies and other NGO’s where requested.
· To ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the work and to ensure that Oxfam’s Programme is an opportunity for peace making, rather than community division.
· To prepare field reports, internal correspondence and sections of formal reports with supervision and review of line manager.
· Provide technical training and support to the CBOs ,Producer Groups and Cooperatives to make them sustainable and facilitate to develop their linkages with other related stakeholders
· Support and coach communities and local authorities in managing all issues related to ED programme
· Support CBOs to prepare their village development plan
· Coordinate with local stakeholders (Jamot, PSs, TAMs, TAGs, MFIS, Cooperatives , and other development agencies) to exchange learning and better coordination
· Support CBOs and other Oxfam’s community level groups upon their request and need
· Prepare field reports, case studies as per the project requirement
· Assist line manager to prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans and reports for the project.
Skills and Competencies:
· Commitment to Oxfam’s values and principles
· Good organisational awareness and sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
Well motivated, team member able to work alone and/or with minimal supervision to carry out community level activities
Strong commitment to promote gender equality
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to manage conflicting priorities in relation to the project.
· Works systematically and with limited supervision.
· Shows evidence of proficient time management and organisational skills.
· Education in part-qualified level with proven Community Development experience
· Proactive approach in daily implementation of the assigned roles and responsibility.
· Computer literacy - good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets essential.
· Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and to work to deadlines.
· Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
· Previous work experience, ideally with non-government organisations, would be an advantage.
· Willingness to travel at short notice, and live and work in remote and stressful conditions.
· Fluency in the Tajik is essential and knowledge of English and Russian is desired
· Willingness to undertake further training offered by and required by the programme
CV and cover letter with detailed explanation of the reasons to apply for this job and how applicants meet each of the essential requirements should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying in the subject line
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview!
Oxfam is striving to be an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages applications from women and the disabled.
Closing date for applications October 8th,2016